Motability FAQs | Cardiff | Victoria Park Mazda
Victoria Park Mazda
Request Callback

Motability FAQs at Victoria Park Mazda

What cars are available on Motability?

Here at Victoria Park Mazda, we aim to provide as many Motability Scheme vehicles as possible, thereby helping meet almost every requirement. You can view the full selection today, with such vehicles as the Mazda2, Mazda3, Mazda CX-30, and Mazda CX-5 all available.

How does Motability work?

The Motability Scheme enables eligible motorists with a motability to exchange their mobility supplement for a lease on a new car. This lease typically lasts three years and includes any adaptations, vehicle insurance, road tax, and more.

What is Motability?

Motability is a government-backed initiative that has been operating since the 1970s. It enables motorists with a motability to retain their independence through exchanging their mobility supplement for the lease on a high-quality new car from the world’s leading manufacturers.

Can I buy my Motability car?

In certain situations, it may be possible for you to purchase your vehicle at the end of your leasing period. We recommend liaising with a member of our Motability department for more details.

Who can drive a Motability car?

Any Motability vehicle must be used by, or for the benefit of, the disabled individual. However, you will be able to name up to two additional drivers to be able to drive your vehicle.

How much do Motability cars cost?

Take a look at our Motability offers page to learn more about the current costs associated with Motability vehicles. Alternatively, you can get in touch with a member of our team direct to discuss pricing.

What disability cars can you get?

You can view the full range of Motability vehicles from Victoria Park Mazda by visiting our offers page today, or by getting in touch with a member of the team direct.

Am I entitled to a Motability car?

To be eligible for the scheme, you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits with a minimum of 12 months’ allowance remaining:

  • Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
  • Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
  • War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)

How do I apply for Motability allowance?

Applying for the mobility allowances should be conducted through the Department for Work and Pensions by applying for either the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or the Personal Independence Payment (PIP). Head over to for more details.

Do you have to pay insurance on a Motability car?

Fully comprehensive insurance is provided with all Motability vehicles, as well as road tax and roadside assistance. As such, you will simply need to fund fuel costs.

View Motabiltiy Offers